Monday, July 23, 2018

Let the Mapping Begin!

I have begun mapping the megadungeon I'll be making for the game I hope to eventually run when life gives me back some free time. So far, I've drawn about 75 rooms across four levels/sub-levels and I'm trying to add at least a few rooms every day. I'm not stocking yet, and frankly, I'm not even sure where in the overall megadungeon these rooms are. I simply had an idea and decided I better put pencil to paper while the inspiration lasted.

Really, the first thing I should really do is get a side view map drawn, so I have something to work off of. I should probably get more of an idea of what this megadungeon is, why it exists, and so on, but that doesn't sound fun right this instant. So instead, I'm going to do what has me motivated and keep drawing rooms and reading modules.

Because potential players may be reading this, my posts about the megadungeon will remain vague and no maps will be posted. Hopefully, I'll learn something about mapping and make some posts on that, too. In the meantime, I'll just keep plodding along and see what happens.

No comments :

Post a Comment