Friday, August 17, 2018

Sample Map

John F. over on the GURPS Discord asked me if I could post a map I made for this megadungeon, so he could see what they look like. Naturally, I said no, because I don't want potential players to get a sneak peak, but I did agree to offer up sample that is not part of the dungeon. So here's that:


This is heavily inspired by a map over at Dyson's Dodecahedron.

The original file is an SVG with scale set to 1 pixel = 1 foot, and I scale it as needed for the final output. For reference, the F is 15 feet wide and the passages are generally between 4 and 6 feet wide. This style is usually more than adequate for me to know what is where and import it into VTTs like Roll20, if need be.

Sometimes, though rarely, I will 3D model something to get a better feel for just what it looks like. This is one such example I did in SolidWorks. Not the best program for architecture modeling, but it worked.


If anyone knows any free architectural software for modeling this sort of thing, I've love some pointers. SolidWorks is fantastic for engineering applications, but you can't use it for walkthroughs or anything like that.

And now for some interpretive dance...

No comments :

Post a Comment